This year we are proud to be celebrating 160 years since Petersens Jewellers first opened in 1863. While it has had multiple different locations over the years, including High Street and New Regent Street, we are now proudly located at the Bush Inn Centre.
Petersens Jewellers has been a proud provider of quality watches and jewellery since it opened and continues to stock a range of watches, gold and silver jewellery, coloured stone and diamond jewellery.
Since 1989 Brent and Lisa Morrison have been the managing directors of Petersens Jewellers. Brent originally trained as a manufacturing jeweller and took over the business from his father, so Petersens is very much a family business.
As New Zealand's oldest jewellery retailer we are happy to be known by our customers as their 'Family Jeweller' and we hope to continue to help generations find the perfect piece for every occasion.
Image: Petersen's Building, 252 High Street, Christchurch. Webb, Steffano, 1880-1967: Collection of negatives. Ref: 1/1-021846-G. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/23158931